Thursday, 19 December 2013
Oppie Practise
For my practise at making an Oppie I first took a picture of myself using the camera built into the computer, and then loaded it into Photoshop. Using the paint brush tool I went over all the outlines, making that my first layer. After that I had to colour each part of myself in, biti by bit, using the dropper tool to make sure I had the exact colour. Each time I did this I made a new layer in Photoshop, even for each of my eyes, my nose and my mouth, and my necklaces. For my shirt I selected it and then used a filter called paint daub, which created the exact same effect, but was able to keep the detail of the pattern as well. At the end I selected all of it, inverted the selection and turned the background blue.
I felt that by doing this practise I understood the amount of work and effort that went into creating an album cover, especially in a diverse and original way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment