1)
The first image is of a field in the sun as I
was certain that would be the sort of environment I would want to film all of
my flash back scenes for when the lead singer was happily still together. I
felt that it would create a contrast with the classroom and street scenes that
are set in the present – which would help to show how much everything has
changed, and it would easily show which the singer looks at more fondly.
2)
The next image of paint exploding helps to show
how I want the music video to end as the pots of paint near the canvas exploded
one by one to the words of the song. I also made sure that it had a black
background as I think that when filming it myself I may also use a black
background behind the canvas and easel to show how things aren’t real anymore,
but rather are getting twisted by the lead singers emotions as he looks back on
events.
3)
The third photo is of a couple that are ignoring
each other due to a break in their relationship. I liked how this image used
black and white as I feel it shows how this may now be in the past, as it is in
the narrative of my music video. I also intend for the singer and the main girl
to be ignoring each other up until the end. I feel that here it is portrayed
perfectly of how they are in their own worlds away from each other.
4)
The fourth image of falling was included as I
intend for the girls fall to be the climactic ending to the narrative of the
video. In this shot I hope to film it in high speed, or else edited it to be
shown in slow motion, and also be a multi shot so that it can be seen from many
different angles.
5)
With this image of a person screaming with rage
I thought it captured perfectly how the singer would be feeling inside as the
song progresses and he tries harder to get the girl to notice him. This feeling
goes with why the song would start screaming. The fact that this photo is in
black and white too help to show that his feeling of anger is old and long
pondered, since it has been a while since the singer and his girlfriend broke
up.
6)
In this photo the camera is at floor level as it
captures shoes. I wanted to do this sort of shot in my video for the flash back
scenes as I didn’t want to reveal immediately who the girl in the field was,
and that it was in fact the same girl that is focused on in the art classroom.
I also like the idea that – since the whole thing is based on what the lead
singer remembers and how he thinks – he paid attention to the small details.
7)
For the part of the music video where the singer
walks down the street at night, alone, I wanted the street to look like the
street in this image. With the lights flaring in the background. I felt that if
it seemed cold and dark with lots of artificial light around, him, and it was
the only time that he was alone then it would make yet another contrast to when
he was with the girl. I also wanted this part to seem like the most realistic
part, so that it could be suspected that whenever he’s actually with the girl
it’s just a memory or an imagined scenario that represents his feeling. By
making it seem more real I plan for there to be other people in the background,
unlike any of the other shots.
8)
I used this photo of the paint brushes to help
the imagery of the art classroom that most of the video will be filmed in. I
also thought it would help to sum up the theme of the environment, and the character
of the girl. In comparison to the lead singer I wanted the girl to seem independent
and free to make her own choices and choices to do what makes her happy.
9)
This last picture is meant to depict the type of
clothes I want the lead singer to wear, especially for the outdoor scenes. When
he walks down the street alone, I really want to emphasise how it’s cold, as he
continuously has flash back to a summers afternoon in the field when he was
with the girl in the music video. It will also emphasise how much time has passed
since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment